Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Podcast

Hey lindsey! I hope all is well (and warm) in AZ! I started thinking about our upcoming podcast that we have to do together. We have to talk for about 3-5 minutes. Humm...What do you think are some important things that we should say? Elearning says that we should write a script, but I think writing a few ideas down for each of us to discuss should be fine. If we both talk for about two minutes we should be good. Here are some ideas I was thinking about:
*Introducing us as teachers
*Intro to our idea
*Why we think it is important for kids to participate
*What it is exactally that we're doing
*What we hope the students will get out of it
*What future life skills the students will obtain
*So the students realize that one person DOES make a difference in the environment
*we hope they will support their children

Anything else you can think of?! I am hoping to get my section done ASAP I just have to figure out where to get a mic from on campus.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awesome job on the concept map Jamie, thanks again for running around to find the program! As for AZ, it is finally cooling down into the 80's!

I'll tell you what, I am glad we have 2 weeks to work on this project. I think a script would be a bit much as well, but we should both create detailed outlines to share with each other so that we do not both cover the same things.

I think you are on the right track with your ideas. We need to also remember to include at least 2 concepts from the book. Two that I think would be useful for our project would be virtual field trips and ideas on gathering resources found on page 76 in chapter 5.

*A virtual field trip to compare a landfill to a recycling center could be an eye opening experience for a student learning about the importance of recycling. Parents could be invited to participate in this as well.

*In the gathering resources section, it states the importance of working with what assets we as educators have. Our podcast would be a great outlet to inform parents of not only what resources we have access to, but also provide a list of supplies/connections that we are hoping they could provide.

Either way, parents would love to know what their kids are going to be up to. I would include information on my data collection project as well, just to inform the parents of will be expected of their children: surveying community members, etc...

If you're ok with recording for the beginning of the podcast and covering:

-introduction of yourself
-the overall project concept
-the importance of student participation
-where we will start with the project

then I can finish up with:

-introducing myself
-project examples of student involvement (including virtual field trips)
-what we hope they will get out of it
-and support we hope the parents will offer. (gather resources, ch.5)

Let me know if this sounds like a good outline and concept. I will get to work on my draft over the next few days and post it when finished.

Oh, as for the microphone issue, I used my earphones as a mic and it worked! I just plugged them into the mic port instead of the headphone port. Try it out.

Jamie said...

Sounds great! I dont have a microphone so I am working on getting a hold of our teacher to ask her where I can get some. I have WMICH emailed her, Emailed her through E-Learning and ALSO posted a discussion in 15 min break. So I hope she gets back to me ASAP becuase I really need them! Obviously! I will get them done ASAP! and give them to you. THANKS!

Jamie said...

I got a hold of some! But I am having trouble downloading the "Audacity" thing we need to record our script. How did it go for you? I feel like I am one big mess when it comes to this class.

Lindsey said...

Thanks for your help Jamie. I had a rough time with Audacity too. I hope next week goes smoother for both of us!